Winter 2009 Newsletter
Cat Chat - Additional Information
Timeline of Important Developments
for Feline Medicine
A feline timeline might be helpful in understanding important developments in the feline veterinary profession once the Winn Feline Foundation was formed.
- 1970s: Cats only veterinary practices started to appear.
- 1971: Founding of the American Association of Feline Practitioners.
- 1973: Cornell Feline Health Center established.
- 1987-1991: First modern feline veterinary textbooks published.
- 1995: American Board of Veterinary Practitioners established specialty certifications in Feline Medicine and Surgery.
- 1999: Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery was published.
- 2003: CFA Siamese Breed Council donate funds for a breed-related study of feline mammary cancer.
- 2004: Research identifies a genetic mutation responsible for feline polycystic kidney disease.
- 2005: Susan Gingrich and Winn establish the Bria fund for FIP research in memory of her cat, Bria.
Magazine & Animal Lovers' Resource Guide
Check out our Magazine and Animal Lovers' Resource Guide!
New Mexico Animal Resource Directory
A resource listing of New Mexico organizations involved in rescue, rehabilitation, and adoption of animals.
Regional Events and News
Annual Calendar of animal-related special days.
Pet Memorials honor an animal's life and/or celebrate an adoption into a forever home.
Friends & Fans
Get The Scoop on the latest animal books!
Wear it, carry it, or roll your mouse over it, we are offering you a new way to show off your PETroglyphs spirit.
Visit the PETroglyphs Cafe Press Store.
Support PETroglyphs when you surf the web!
Use GoodSearch to search the Internet.
in the News!
Check us out in the News!