Fall 2008 Newsletter
Regional Events and News
NEW MEXICO WALK FOR THE ANIMALS
October 4, Tingley Beach, Albuquerque
Benefits Farm Sanctuary that rescues, rehabilitates and provides lifetime care for animals rescued from factory farms, stockyards and slaughterhouses. Works for legal protection of animals used in food production and raises public awareness of factory farm cruelty and cruelty-free alternatives. Pre-registration fee - $15.00, walk day registration fee - $20.00. Bring leashed dogs and unleashed kids. Walkers receive one-year membership in Farm Sanctuary. Register at www.firstgiving.com/farmsanctuary. Call (505) 205-3750 for further information.
HOWL-O-WEEN CAT SHOW
October 24-26, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., School Arts Building, Expo New Mexico Fairgrounds, Albuquerque.
Albuquerque's Enchanted Cat Club presents its 13th annual TICA Howl-O-Ween cat show. Purebred cats compete for points and ribbons in continuously judged rings. Cat costume contest Saturday afternoon. Kitty Mall carries all things feline - items for cats and the people who love them. Proceeds benefit Albuquerque's rescue cats at Albuquerque Cat Action Team (ACAT) and New Mexico Animal Friends (NMAF). Rescue cat adoptions. Photography allowed. Cost: Adults - $5.00 / Seniors - $4.00 / Children under 12 - Free. Call (505) 296-8869 for further information.
ALBUQUERQUE CAT ACTION TEAM
October 24-26, 9:00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m., School Arts Building, Expo New Mexico Fairgrounds, Albuquerque.
Albuquerque's premier cat only rescue group, ACAT, will be at the Howl-O-Ween Cat Show with fabulous cat-themed gift items for cat lovers of all ages. Stop by to do some early Christmas shopping while you enjoy the cat show.
HELPING PAWS PET FOOD PANTRY - ESPAŅOLA HUMANE SOCIETY
Sundays 1:00 - 4:00 p. m., Espaņola Humane Society, 108 Hamm Pkwy., Espaņola.
- Dry cat and dog food available to anyone in need. No income requirements. Take one bag of cat food and one bag of dog food each week. The only requirement is that all household pets be spayed or neutered. For your first pickup, bring either a letter from a veterinarian stating that the pet is altered or bring your pet for inspection by staff. If your pet is not altered and you still need food, Espaņola Valley Humane Society will spay or neuter your pet for a reduced rate. Food recipients will receive a membership card to allow for quick and easy pickup at subsequent visits.
- We are also looking for donations of food and financial support towards the spay/neuter program as well as volunteers to staff the
pantry during open hours.
For more information, Call (505) 470-1278
PET LOSS SUPPORT GROUPS
To register for all groups contact: Ann Beyke, M.A.LPC, (505) 265-3087; sliding scale available. www.petlosscounselor.com
- First Monday of the month: 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Sunset Memorial Park, 924 Menaul NE, Albuquerque
- Second and fourth Tuesday of each month: 5:30 - 6:30 P.M.
The Source, 1111 Carlisle SE, Albuquerque
- Third Saturday of the month: 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Animal Humane New Mexico, 615 Virginia SE, Albuquerque
HOUSE RABBIT SOCIETY
Visit the House Rabbit Society for tips on the care and behavior information on rabbits, or see whether a rabbit is the right pet for you - www.rabbit.org. If you are interested in adopting a locally rescued rabbit that is altered and litter trained, please contact us for more information via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Call: (505) 292-292-6030 or (505) 771-3157.
Magazine & Animal Lovers' Resource Guide
Check out our Magazine and Animal Lovers' Resource Guide!
New Mexico Animal Resource Directory
A resource listing of New Mexico organizations involved in rescue, rehabilitation, and adoption of animals.
Regional Events and News
Annual Calendar of animal-related special days.
Pet Memorials honor an animal's life and/or celebrate an adoption into a forever home.
Friends & Fans
Get The Scoop on the latest animal books!
Wear it, carry it, or roll your mouse over it, we are offering you a new way to show off your PETroglyphs spirit.
Visit the PETroglyphs Cafe Press Store.
Support PETroglyphs when you surf the web!
Use GoodSearch to search the Internet.
in the News!
Check us out in the News!